Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Let's catch you up.

My blogging has taken the back burner lately, for sure. It isn't that I don't have time to blog, I am just not using my free time to do so. I often sit down at the computer when I have the chance, ready to type something up. Once I finish the fourteen other things before sitting down, the blog has slipped my mind and those free 15 minutes are spent doing other things like catching up on other blogs, my school work, housing at Fort Stewart, Halloween costumes and Pinterest---be careful of this, it will take over your life! ;) This is only naming a few, everyday something new is added.
Back to the point, let's play catch up!

Brendan has finally decided that he wants to eat solids. He has tried and loves carrots and sweet potatoes, hates green beans and peas and we have thrown in a little bit of fruit but trying to stick with the veggies first. He is only eating it once a day right now. He takes forever to eat and pretty much just chomps on the spoon and it splatters everywhere but we are getting better! Brendan did suck on some fruit while in Savannah and loved it and occasionally eats banana pieces now.
Since Brendan is now sitting up by himself, bath time is a blast. I am so relieved that he is finally sitting up, it makes everything so much easier!
This was there first time together and the picture below is Brendan's first time sitting up in the bath on his own. He pretty much noms on those letters the entire time.
Play time is just as fun. Brendan never takes his eyes off Brady if he is in the room. Brendan will definitely be looking up to him in the future and I hope that Brady does a great job being a positive influence and big brother. Brady is still unsure as to why I am giving Brendan 'his' toys but seems to be okay with it once he sees him playing.
and this one just makes me laugh :)


Brady is spitting out words left and right. Bernie and I will say something and Brady will repeat it, it is awesome. Off the top of my head for the latest, Brady can identify the letter 'A', say the sound for 'L', alligator, hippo (po), elephant (nt), pig, eggs, brother, butterfly, diaper...
Brady is able to identify what is dads by saying 'my dads' but now! he knows what is mine and says 'ma'. He has always been able to say 'ma' but now he is putting it to use. When he comes looking for me, he says 'ma', he identifies my cups, my car, my phone..I love it.

Overall, boys are doing great. I have a post on the concert from earlier this month and from Gross Farms--keep checking back ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment