Monday, July 18, 2011

3 months!

Brendan is 3 months today!

He is such a good baby and is really starting to show some personality. I will say that those boys are completely different babies though.
Brendan doesn't care for the swing or his bouncy chair and he hates laying down. He does however, like to be naked. Haha! He gets so mad when I go to change him on his mat but once the diaper starts coming off or I am changing his clothes he will stop crying. He doesn't last very long on the activity mat, maybe 10 minutes. I could leave Brady there for 30 minutes at a time..I remember having to reset the music when it shuts off.
Brendan prefers sitting up or being held upright and walking around. He does not want to lay down in your arms unless he is wanting to sleep. Speaking of sleep, Brendan does good for the most part but we are still waking 2-3 times a night...it is rough! Brady ate around 10pm and then had one feeding around 2am and was up around 6 but I do remember him easily going back to sleep most of the time. Brendan eats around 8-9pm and then will normally feed around midnight but sometimes he will push till 2pm. It really just depends when I move him to bed. Most of the time he will feed every hour to hour and a half after that until 6am. I frequently fall asleep while burping him and when I wake up it is time for him to feed so when I move him back, he wakes up.
Besides sleep, he is great. He is smiling and is such a talker.  He will talk up a storm, it is so sweet. He hasn't given us a real laugh but has sort of chuckled. Maybe we aren't funny.
In brother news, they are great together. Brendan is always watching Brady run around and Brady will point/poke at Brendan's nose, eyes and ears as he identifies them. He sometimes tries to put his socks back on and will give me his pacifier if it falls on the ground. We are so lucky there are no signs of jealousy from Brady, he really does an awesome job. I hope that it is simply because I am showing him the same amount of attention as I always had.
The second Brendan goes to sleep, it's Brady's time and we go back and forth. On the rare occasion that they both nap together, I am right with them :)

Brendan had his 2 month check up about 2 weeks late and his measurements were 13lb 13oz and 23.5 inches and if your comparing, Brady was 14lb 1oz and 23.75 inches. I will have to weigh and measure Brendan on my own tomorrow to get a better comparison but Brady was 16lb and 25 inches at 3 months.
Here are both boys at 3 months
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment