Our Story:
My hubbs and I have actually known each other since 6th grade and we 'went out' in 8th grade..if that is even what kids call it these days. We ended up at different high schools but did run into each other a few times. He joined the Army and went off to Germany for the next few years while I stayed back in our hometown working and going to college. Fast forward to New Year's Eve 2005 and we ran into each other at the mall. Actually, this is what really happened.
I was walking toward the exit and passed the store he was in (Champs, where else?!) and saw him but thought there was no way he would remember me so I kept on walking. I was outside and I heard someone yelling my name. Yep, it was him and we chatted for a little as he told me he was heading back to Germany and then for his deployment to Iraq in the next few days. I am sure we were already MySpace friends and as he was due to come home for his R&R, he sent me a message letting me know the dates and that we should hang out. My response was in his favor and I will also note that he loves to mention that I said to hang out 'on more than one occasion'. Little did we know, that was true to say the least and the rest is history!
I had no idea what I was getting into for the next 8-9 months of his deployment but it was worth it and built our relationship to handle anything. We got engaged shortly after he returned in Jan 07 and got married the following year in May 08 and life has been bliss! Our baby boy was born August 26, 2009 and we could not be happier!
Oh yeah, our girls...Dakota and Roxy.
Are spoiled rotten! But they are such good girls! They are both rescues and were not planned but I think that is the best way to get them. Roxy is almost 3 and Dakota is almost 10 (both in March)...Roxy definitely keeps Dakota young and they are very close but Dakota keeps Roxy in her place!
After 2 days of waiting to publish this because I was hoping to put the pictures from my old computer onto my new one (Santa brought me a brand new one!!) I still haven't done it and with so much happening we must move on!
No comments:
Post a Comment