Friday, January 8, 2010

Good Eats!

Brady is officially getting some everyday and cannot get enough!
About a week or so before his 4 month appointment, I tried solids and he simply didn't understand what he was supposed to do. The only reason why I tried it before 4 months was because our pediatrician thought it was necessary to start him at 2 months due to his weight but I knew that it wasn't necessary because he wasn't eating more than 30oz nor was he even able to hold his head up on his own!! At his 4 month appointment she never even mentioned eating solids and says he is as healthy as they come!
Once he hit 4 months, something clicked and he knew exactly what to do with solids! I didn't follow the normal one fruit/veggie a week and tested a new one each couple of days. Brady wasn't a big fan of any of the flavors besides green beans--he makes faces with everything! 
I knew of many other moms who make their own baby food but had no idea where to start or what to even do...little did I know how easy it was!!
I have made sweet potatoes and applesauce so far, but hope to make bananas in the next few days and possibly carrots and green beans tonight. Brady goes nuts over his food now!! He gets so excited and talks when he is eating and cannot stop smiling/laughing. I have read that the jar food is so bland and makes the transition into real food sometimes difficult, which is probably why he likes the homemade because of the true flavors. I also switched him from eating out of the Bumbo and into his bouncy seat which makes a huge difference. We are right at eye level and he seems more comfortable sitting. The other awesome thing about making your own food is you can freeze it and it is so much cheaper!! Besides that fact that you know what is exactly in it!
I will leave you some pictures of Brady eating...very messy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment